- Can I use my own data partition in HIPS ?
You can find an example in TESTS/PARALLEL : testHIPS3.c or testHIPS3-Fortran.f90.
- How to change the matrix and solve the system without recomputing the preconditioner ?
Set the parameter HIPS_DISABLE_PRECOND to 0 with the function HIPS_SetOptionINT:
this allows you to keep the preconditioner unchanged even if you change the matrix.
- How to use DOF > 1 (degree of freedom) ?
Set the parameter HIPS_DOF (degree of freedom) to a value > 1 with the function HIPS_SetOptionINT.
- How to save the preprocessing step ?
You can find an example in TESTS/PARALLEL : testHIPS-Save.c and testHIPS-Load.c
- What is the best graph partitioner library to link with ? (METIS or SCOTCH)
Well, the main SCOTCH developper is in the next office so let say SCOTCH.
- What is the difference between nnzP and peak ?
nnzP is the size, in term of non-zero of the preconditioner
but HIPS needs temporary additional memory during the build of the
preconditioner. peak is the memory peak reach during this
step. Using numerical threshold (parameter #10# in Input) you can in
general reduce a lot this peak.
- Why the HIPS logo is an orange spot ?
That is a good question.